David Crowes Sense of Humo(u)r
One of Davids outlets is to enter the Globe and Mails weekly word challenge. Hes done it so many times that he even made it into the compilation The Full Mountie by Warren Clements who runs the challenge.
Challenge #564 New sources of fuel
- So-la power: Good, good, good vibrations get the generators going.
- Nucular energy: Experts tell us that energy from mass destruction is achievable, but so far has eluded scientists searching for it.
- Wind energy: Clockwork makes a comeback. Its safe, its renewable, its . . . Damn! The mainspring broke again.
- Con-fusion: Having violent offenders share a cell has never been so safe (or profitable) after we show you how to harness their negative energies!
Challenge #564 Amendment to the title of a book, painting etc., to reflect the current fascination with gambling
- Fahrenheit 454 to 1
- Gullibles Travails
- Eine Klein's Cash Musik [you can tell I'm from Alberta]
Challenge #557 Stories that animals might write
- Puss in Chains (by the Mice)
- Loving the Time of Cholera (by the germs)
- Great Expectorations (by the camels)
- Roots (by the nematodes)
- The Flycatcher in the Rye (by the birds)
Challenge #556 Disease or afflication named after a real or fictional person (or persons)
- Chetienism: Prolonged withdrawal symptoms.
- Iraqophobia: Violent behaviour resulting from fear of imaginary objects.
- Survivorism: Addiction to a false reality.
Challenge #555 Freudian slip spelling mistakes
- The arsonist prayed Lord God, forgive me for I have singed.
- The thefts at the butchers were solved after a rare, well-done steak-out.
Challenge #552 You know the movies going to be really terrible when
- The previous audience is still in their seats
- It was made while the lead actor was in a treatment centre.
© Copyright Fri, Nov 26, 2004: David Crowe.